At Little Apples children are encouraged to naturally use their individual skills to blend and apply a range of understanding to each activity they engage with. This could be using scientific observation, artistic expression, mathematical spacial awareness and physical fine motor skills. We aim to provide endless possibilities through the way we deliver the Early Years Education.
The transitions our children make at Little Apples are smooth and positive and we believe it’s due to the environment we provide for the children to thrive in. Our success rates of children’s transitions into school has been fantastic, with children being able to write their names, numbers and have built a range of skills to empower them when starting school!
On top of the daily activities, we offer extracurricular activities which all children will access at their time at Little Apples. These are:
- Spanish – delivered by our lovely teacher Ms Baird, these fun sessions take place in each class weekly and combines songs, and props to engage the children and learn one of the most popular spoken language in the world! Ole!
- Woodland Sessions – Children are taken weekly to our local park for the sessions delivered by our on-site staff. Bugs are our friends and we love the mud! Be prepared for fingers to get messy and spirits to run free!
- Cookery classes – delivered by our lovely onsite chef! Children will learn how to make a range of dishes from all around the world, building on their mathematical and physical skills too. The children weigh and mix all the ingredients themselves and is sent off with the chef to cook, voila!! If you’re lucky the lovely treats may be sent home to share with your little ones!
- ‘Read with Me’ – We have designed our own campaign to encourage and engage children and parents in reading through a recognition system. At Little Apples we recognise the importance of how reading can impact a child’s communication and language positively, when you visit we would love to tell you more!
- Sing n Sign – Our team have been fully trained in delivering the ‘Sing n Sign’ programme. These sessions begin in the baby room, teaching signs through singing that can also be incorporated into their everyday communication and learning.
We are also members of schemes in the UK which we are very proud of;
- Plastic Fantastic – We have a dedicated member of our team who ensures we are a recycling friendly nursery. The children are taught about recycling and how it benefits the world we live in and is incorporated into the activities in the nursery, with a special area created in our garden!
- RHS – We have joined the Royal Horticultural Society Gardening Scheme and we have already achieved our Level 1 award! Through this gardening scheme, children will adopt skills for life, some of the activities include; growing vegetables, herbs and flowers.